"The Buddhists say that pain is inevitable, but suffering is a painful feeling about pain. Pain is simply a sensation, but suffering comes from thinking that what is shouldn't be." The Gift of Giving Life
I became a victim of my pain in the depression I experienced following the birth of my daughter. Suffering, afraid, I felt that this pain ought not to be. Recovery was terribly slow and healing came even slower.
I began to heal when I found my community. A group of like-minded women who were compassionate, God-sent, and wise even in their own floundering. I found resources to draw on, talents to call on, and shoulders to weep on. My daughter's birth experience was finally drained of fear, pain, and I began to recall tender moments and sweetness crept back into my memories of that time.
Now my experiences lead me to cry out in support of my sisters. I feel deep compassion, and I even begin to feel that all these things were to give me the experience to be a peer for those in similar situations.
One of the stunning brain-children of this amazing group of women I found is the fast-growing, evolving event Empowering Fearless Birth.
A semi-annual celebration and educational event, Empowering Fearless Birth is an opportunity for Utah parents and providers to meet, learn about each other, and empower one another.
Attending the event you can expect to experience:
- Vendors from all over present beautiful goods and services.
- Birth and Pre/postnatal professionals available to meet and greet you.
- Keynote speakers bringing their powerful messages.
- Delectable and nourishing food which is readily available.
- Panels who dicuss topics you care about.
- Last, but not least, breathtaking birth films crown (pun...mostly intended) the event with an overall sense of purpose, wonder, and awe and leave you feeling empowered and inspired.
It's the place to be this September.