January 11, 2013
Snow Day or 5 Lazy Mom Things To Do When Housebound With a Toddler
So, what can you do with a toddler on a snow day? Most of the suggestions I've read involve going outside. I may be a party pooper, but I have to be in juuuuuusst the right mood for that to be attractive at all.
Here are some suggestions straight from the Crunchy Cottage:
1. Play in the snow indoors. Bathtubs work great too if you're up to hauling in a lot of snow.
2. "Finger-paint" on frosty windows or use lids and caps to make pictures ala Laura Ingalls Wilder
3. Use whatever you have in the fridge to finger-paint on a cookie sheet. Pudding, sour cream, or yogurt work best.
4. Make junk mail collages by ripping up paper, getting the piece wet and sticking it to a poster or construction paper.
5. Find the Belly Dance station on Pandora and dress up in lively colors and rock around the house. Be prepared though, this can be a pretty good workout!
What are some of the things you've discovered about days at home with toddlers?
at 5:18 PM