January 14, 2013
Coconut Oil: 10 Uses You May Not Have Thought Of
So, say you bought some coconut oil (perhaps your friend or a blog talked you into it by promising, "You can use it for everything!). Maybe it's been sitting in your cupboard waiting for you to stumble on another list of things you'll use it for. Here you go.
1. Eye Make-up Remover. I love it. I keep a little cosmetic jar at the vanity. It's so gentle, moisturizing and it's really a 2 for 1 deal because it performs just like an eye cream as well!
2. Quick Lip Balm. My nighttime beauty routine is to wash my face, apply witch hazel as a toner, then use the coconut oil in stratigic places on my face that need intense moisture. I don't know about you, but my lips need a lot of TLC in the month of January.
3. Skin Chap Balm. Little Muffin's cheeks are so chapped and red this time of year. I use the mild food-grade coconut oil for around the house, then shea butter or Lanolin for outside.
4. Diaper Rash Ointment. Saving grace. So mild, I don't worry about what I'm putting on her, and it washes right out of cloth diapers!
5. Cuticle Cream. It's totally the best.
6. Polish. Everything from leather shoes to stainless steel. Yep.
7. Hair conditioner and silker. I use just the teensiet amount on my hair after styling to reduce frizzies. Makes me smell like a macaroon!
8. Baby's After Bath Moisturizer and Cleanser. Coconut oil is lovely on the skin and much purer and safer than commercial lotions. Little Muffin was so chubby that I needed a mild oil to get into those deep crevices around her neck and on her arms and legs. So easy and yummy smelling!
9. Massage Oil. While coconut oil is solid at room temperature it melts quickly on the skin. Because it doesn't start out being drippy, it's a great massage oil with that delicate natural scent of its own.
10. Right along with number nine...well... it's a good lubricant for sex as well.
What are some of the uses you've found for this amazing oil?
The Crunchy Cottage is in no way sponsored or affiliated with Aunt Patty's or Glory Bee Foods Inc.
at 9:37 AM